SONEms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

140930 S.M. Entertainment Announces Jessica to Leave Girls’ Generation; Group to Continue with Eight Members

Tetsuya
    Tetsuya
    Admin
    Admin

140930 S.M. Entertainment Announces Jessica to Leave Girls’ Generation; Group to Continue with Eight Members Empty 140930 S.M. Entertainment Announces Jessica to Leave Girls’ Generation; Group to Continue with Eight Members

Post by Tetsuya 2014-09-30, 17:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    SM Entertainment has announced that Jessica is no longer part of Girls’ Generation, leaving the group with eight members. Jessica will remain as an artist under SM Entertainment, but will not promote with the other members. The entertainment label will continue to support both Jessica’s individual activities and the rest of the group.

Earlier this morning, Jessica posted on her Weibo account to inform fans that she would no longer be a member of Girls’ Generation. Her post read, “I was excited about our upcoming fan events only to shockingly be informed by my company and 8 others that as of today, I’m no longer a member. I’m devastated – my priority and love is to serve as a member of GG, but for no justifiable reason, I am being forced out”.

Jessica also later added a comment that has since been deleted, saying, “You guys are very special people that I love dearly, therefore you deserve to hear the truth from me. I’m deeply saddened and hurt by those who I trusted and hope that you don’t ever have to experience this kind of pain.”

In a statement, the company revealed, “This spring, Jessica herself said that due to personal reasons, she would stop group activities after one album promotion. With Jessica’s sudden words, the company and Girls’ Generation members have been continuously thinking and working hard to have Girls’ Generation promote in a good direction. Recently, Jessica started a fashion-related business while there was lacking mediation in orders of priority with Girls’ Generation’s promotions and interests. Despite continuous discussions, we’ve gotten to the point where the group cannot be maintained. We couldn’t help but decide to move up Girls’ Generation promoting as eight earlier than initially planned. During the announcement and process, Jessica made her posts today at dawn, her time. The eight-member Girls’ Generation and Jessica’s individual activities will continue with unchanged support and management.”

Source: xportsnews via Naver, SNSDTV, Jessica’s Weibo
    Written by: bhost909@soshified
    Contributor: ch0sshi@soshified
    Edited by: moonrise31@soshified, kt9823@soshified

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 19:29