SONEms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

110618 Girls' Generation Interviewed by Malaysia's "The Star" Newspaper

Jessica Jung (제시카)
    Jessica Jung (제시카)
    Moderators
    Moderators

110618 Girls' Generation Interviewed by Malaysia's "The Star" Newspaper Empty 110618 Girls' Generation Interviewed by Malaysia's "The Star" Newspaper

Post by Jessica Jung (제시카) 2011-06-18, 09:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When Girls' Generation was in Jeju Island for the SBS Super Concert Wonderful Jeju, an e-mail interview was conducted with the girls by Malaysia's "The Star" newspaper. Along with the scan of the newspaper article, the interview has been attached.

The Star: 2010 was a very good year for Girls' Generation. How are you going to top that?

Taeyeon: I'm not sure how we will prepare our concept for our performance, but we will never disappoint our fans.
    Yuri: Many fans like our style. We will come back with a perfect stage which is full of SNSD magnetism.
    Sooyoung: We always try to show fans a mature and varied performance. We hope they will love our new album, Mr Taxi (released in Japan last month).

The Star: People always accuse Asians of copy­ing the West in music but when Lady Gaga released her single, Born This Way, recent­ly, she was accused of plagiarising your Be Happy by your international fans. What does this say about the growth of K-pop?

Taeyeon: Yes, many people throughout the world are interested in Korean pop music. But it is more important how K-pop applies to various styles rather than just being copied in other countries.
    Yuri: There’s a craze for popular Korean cultures in many Asian countries because Korean pop music is a successful com­bination of the old and new.
    Sooyoung: It is inevitable to refer to western music because it was developed earlier than Korean music. However, K-pop also reinterprets its style well.
    Seohyun: Recently, Korean pop music has become successful in the western market. I think it is because there are so many singers who work hard at it. That’s why it’s getting popular with foreigner audiences.
    Sunny: Because of the growth of Korean pop music, many fans can easily get the experience. So we will try to put up better performances for our fans.
    Yoona: I would like to show our music to fans from other countries. We are supposed to go to Japan next.

The Star: Fans love your style. Can you recom­mend any Korean fashion lines or shops for Malaysian fans who want follow your style?

Taeyeon: I would like to introduce Myung Dong as a great place for youngsters’ culture.
    Yuri: There are many famous places, but I would like to suggest Rodeo Street, Sinsadong garosugil.
    Sooyoung: We also read many fashion magazines to find the best fashion.

Source: The Star Newspaper
    Image Credit: fanwonder.com
    Written by: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is 2024-03-19, 05:08